- Over three decades of designing and implementing professional learning experiences for educators.
- Developed the 10 Professional Learning Curriculum Buckets for Teaching and Learning with Tech.
- Designed the Proficiency-based Professional Learning Model, moving beyond workshops and bringing lessons from student proficiency-based learning initiatives to training and school change initiative implementation.
- Designed the Plain English Instructional Model.
- While supporting the US Magnet School Grant we wrote for School District of Philadelphia, recruited, trained, and supervised pedagogical coaches for the participating schools.
- Led micro-credential training and initiatives focused on certifying professional learning.
- Founding director of iLearnMaine Educator Micro-credentials, part of Digital Promise’s Educator Micro-credential program.
- Facilitated the design of Rhode Island Society of Technology Educators micro-credential program.
Some of Mike’s Writing on the Topic
- The Evolving Face of Professional Development
- Proficiency-based Professional Learning
- Not All at Once (Implement an Initiative in Phases)
- The Need for a Quality, Distributed Professional Development System
- 10 Professional Learning Curriculum Buckets for Teaching and Learning with Tech
- We Don’t Want Just Any PD, and Badges Are More Than Patches
- Professional Development for Auburn’s iPad Kindergarten Teachers
- Positive Pressure & Support Part 3: Support
- Working With A Diverse Staff